Posted by & filed under food.

IMG_0409

I first fell head over heels with rose water backpacking through Northern Africa. The delicate floral flavoring is used around the globe in many applications from Middle Eastern candies like Turkish delight and baklava to Southeast Asian sweets like bandung and Indian rice puddings. When used sparingly, it adds a subtle aromatic quality unlike any other. And it’s particularly wonderful when added to sweet dishes using winter citrus, like my orange rosewater polenta cake.

So when Curtis Stone rung me up to come cook my favorite citrus dish for the Queen (Latifah, that is!), I happily obliged and went to my exotic cake.Β I mean, she’s on fire right now with the Grammys and the Super Bowl appearances.

Though I’d love to take credit for being the first to bake using rose water, it’s been utilized in baked goods for quite some time now. In fact, up until the 19th century, bakers across the globe commonly used rosewater before vanilla became popular. It also is a nice accompaniment to citrus, so we decided to riff on an old recipe from Gourmet Magazine to make something truly unique for the Queen and her court.

You can find the recipe here.Β And of course, be sure to watch the show Tuesday on CBS!

Now I see why all the salmon swim upstream to spawn...I can't blame 'em, it's gorgeous here! ✈️🌲🍴
Well hello there, Alaska. I think you and I are gonna get along JUUUUUST fine. 🌲😍✈️ #gonefishing #howisummer #travelstoke #travelbreak #traveldeeper #TLpicks #weekendwanderer @alaskaair
Super stoked to give some ink to one of my long-time favorite historical 'hoods @travelandleisure: the Arts District. Did you know Joel Bloom Square is one of the most significant intersections for street art in America? Check out where to eat, what to drink, and what to see in this continually emerging community at link in profile.βœˆοΈπŸŽ¨β˜•οΈ#LAstory #discoverLA #artsdistrictDTLA
Well, well, well. If it isn't the most delightfully refreshing post-workout sip ever! Loving this vibrant blood orange and tangerine agua fresca almost as much as running into @jlims @bstaqueria after my swim! πŸŠβ˜€οΈπŸ‘ŒπŸΌ
A hotel pool where I can actually swim laps AND there are epic Art Deco accents to gaze at while doing the backstroke? Sign me up! No really...sign me up for a membership, @laathleticclub. Swear it has nothing to do with the cocktail bars by Aiden Demarest downstairs. πŸ˜‰πŸŠπŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
Sweet, sweet victory! Well done, America! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ #equalityforall #lovewins #dscolor
Super inspired learning more about @turkey_home @swissotelthebosphorus over this shockingly delicious paella. Turkey has been tip top of my travel bucket list for some time, and I hope to book a trip sometime soon. Next time maybe I'll be posting pics of pide, knafeh, and lokum! πŸ˜πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡·πŸ΄
I feel like I've been living in @Delta terminals as of late, which ain't such a bad thing, especially at JFK, where there's a @shakeshack! Some day I hope to get up on that Sky Lounge game, but for now this'll do JUSSSSST fine πŸ˜‰πŸ”πŸŸ
A little @vacationing music and Greece #gopro action to pump you up for your weekend! Time for sunshine and seafood! πŸŒŠβš“οΈπŸ™ŒπŸΌ
If you're like me, the second you saw those cheap flights to Tokyo you JUMPED for joy and booked immediately! To help with your planning, I did my first piece for @travelandleisure magazine on the essential dishes to try while you're there, how to pronounce them, and where to find the best. Super excited to be contributing to this incredible publication...between this and Japan, two big goals are checked! βœˆοΈπŸ‡―πŸ‡΅βœ… Check it out at the link in profile!  #tasteintravel #eeeeeats #TLpicks #eater
Honey, I'm HOOOOME! And while I was gone, @nicole_rucker (formerly of @GjustaBakery) moved into the 'hood @cofaxcoffee. These donuts, like WHOA!!! Girl, stay a while, will ya? β˜•οΈπŸ©πŸ‘ŒπŸΌ #eeeeeats #dineLA #eater #fravorites
πŸ“· @borderfreetravels spending my last two winters in Colombia and Oaxaca, a month each, I highly recommend going to both places, especially for the incredible food but mostly for the people. Some of the best adventures take place way off the beaten path. Cheers to finding some place that makes you feel that magic… Thanks for following along on my adventures! #BFTswap
πŸ“· @BorderFreeTravels with another South of the Border summer travel rec: Colombia. We rode horses in the rain up to this little coffee farm high in the hills of the tiny town Jardin, about three hours from Medellin, owned by the cousin of our guide. There's no better way to experience local culture than a heart warming home cooked meal like the one he prepared, which ended with a local cup of potent java to fuel our ride back down. #BFTswap
πŸŽ₯ @BorderFreeTravels: I recently visited Dominica -- aka The Nature Island -- with other film makers from around the globe to create interactive videos of our experience exploring waterfalls, beaches, whale watching, horseback riding, and drinking heaps of fresh coconut water. The island is an incredible place to soak up some culture, and find your own serenity. #BFTswap
πŸ“· @BorderFreeTravels here again, this time from Medellin! Sometimes all you need is a smile and a πŸ‘πŸΌ to communicate. This was certainly the case with this awesome fruit vendor in downtown Medellin. One fruit you shouldn't miss when you’re in Colombia is lulo, a little orange native to the Andes which tastes like a pineapple. His were delish! πŸŠπŸπŸ‘πŸΌ#BFTswap
πŸ“· @BorderFreeTravels It’s always a real balancing act when you’re on the road, wanting to indulge but not completely overdoing it. I say just go alllll in in #Oaxaca and try everything you see! Some of my favorite food memories were from the markets and street stalls tasting the streetside elotes, mole, tlayudas, huitlacoche quesadillas, grasshoppers, atole, cacao and chiliquilles… I could go on forever. #BFTswap
It’s #WanderlustWednesday, so I'm doing an insta-adventure swap with @BorderFreeTravels! Founder @KristenGailKellogg will be taking over my feed and I'll be taking over hers. She’ll be sharing some of her favorite tastes and travels South Of The Border. A fellow digital storyteller and avid adventurer, Kristen is most at home when she’s not. I think you kids will get along juuuust fine πŸ˜‰ Follow along at #BFTswap! βœˆοΈπŸ΄πŸ“·
Goats, cheese, wine, and epic views... what more could one ask for road tripping through Greece? Donkeys? OK, fine. Done and done! A few more highlights from my trip that'll hopefully keep you inspired this fine Tuesday eve... ✈️🍴πŸŽ₯
I found a fellow mermaid seaside in Spetses! If that yacht thinks it can come and take our happy place on the shore, it's got another thing comin! πŸŒŠβš“οΈπŸ’ͺ🏼 (Statue by Athenian sculptor Natalie Melas)
Exploring the smaller, less frequented Greek islands opened me up to some pretty rad experiences, like harvesting, shucking and slurlping sea urchins straight from the sea and road tripping via motorbike to a local boat making village. Sure Santorini is a stunner, but these oft-forgotten isles have my heart and are definitely worth a visit. βœˆοΈπŸ’™βš“οΈ

21 Responses to “Cooking North African-Inspired Citrusy Sweets On The Queen Latifah Show”

1. crack

Thank you, I’ve recently been searching for information approximately this subject for ages
    and yours is the greatest I’ve came upon till now.
    But, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you positive concerning the
    source?

2. plastic surgeon ximed

Aside from that, interview former patients to obtain first-hand insight into a particular cosmetic surgeon’s
    methods, approach, and techniques to plastic surgery. And a proficient plastic
    surgeon with a lot of experience, can take that even further.
    Women are more likely to undergo plastic surgery but some
    males also undergo this medical procedure if they think they
    need to have some major changes in their body.

3. self tan wipes

Every year I have friends along with their wives that stay for Bike Week.
    You can get positive results of golden brown color with the help
    these spray tanning products. As the mousse is tinted it does stain the palms of your hands really easily.
    Like other processes, spray tanning also has its own advantages and disadvantages.
    With the help of few easy steps, spray tan can be applied from home.
    Fact is a great looking tan does make you look healthy and some people down right hot.

The companies engaged in such a service are known to make use
    of devices which are renowned in the industry. To be able to get the right product, you’d generally
    browse websites of different online sellers of such products
    and choose the most reliable one. This may take time to register your business and
    obtain all the correct licenses. If you find a problem with a LV bag they will usually accept returns.

4. Boca Raton CPAt test ct

Two questions frequently asked by Network
    Marketers are What kind of business records do I have to keep for the IRS.
    In a photography business in particular, here are a number of items that are assets to be
    listed for your business. The online offering will cost
    you $99 to setup up with monthly fees.

Check out my page :: Boca Raton CPAt test ct

5. marine refrigerator window screen repairs miami

Furthermore, feeding live food is difficult as all live meals have a
    much higher risk in bringing bad bacteria or microorganisms that maybe harmful to your fish.
    With the high temperature sensitivity of some perishable goods, it’s easy to understand why so many companies rely on vacuum insulated panels such a Thermo – Cor to ensure the quality of their products.

Use your guam tar on the net trap and go at least two squares away from it.

Feel free to surf to my webpage … marine refrigerator window screen repairs miami

6. moving companies in michigan city indiana

During the entire packing and moving processes,
    moving firms of Delhi NCR provides utmost care. The equation is the other way around and long distance movers would not be ideal
    for local moving jobs. In a consumer service
    industry where each member’s professional integrity is collectively criticized by mainstream media pundits at the start each new moving
    season, Interstate is one of the good guys.

My web-site – moving companies in michigan city indiana

7. dove fake tan

We’ll show how to accomplish this with just a few simple steps.
    Since 10% of California’s budget goes to pay for its prison system, the idea
    is that AB 109 will free up billions in the state budget. Back to your
    skin check, the first time you do the check be sure to
    take as many pictures as possible to show what your skin looks
    like.

Look into my blog dove fake tan

8. nose job uneven nostrils

The questions you should ask your plastic surgeon before rhinoplasty should be about the safety of the procedure, its efficiency,
    and most importantly, its appropriateness for your body and whether it would offer results in line
    with your expectations. Nathan Newman is world renowned for his advanced cosmetic surgery procedures.
    Those who want to get rid of such problems must have tried various anti-ageing products, but found no
    result.

My homepage … nose job uneven nostrils

9. Boca Raton CPAt

Deegan was arrested and charged with human trafficking and drug
    possession after cops busted in and found the girls being held hostage.
    Outsourcing accounting services for small business owners is workable for
    those who want to turn their focus on their companies
    and find a way to maximise their profitability. Itemized deductions and personal exemptions do not affect self-employment taxes.

Feel free to surf to my weblog Boca Raton CPAt

10. acne facials

However, sometimes we need to do something a little more
    adventurous, or perhaps a little more pointedly self-serving.
    There are many forms of lasers available for skin resurfacing.

By changing the size & shape of the nose, this cosmetic nose can positively influence the balance of facial features.

My web page – acne facials

11. xen fake tan

We’ll show how to accomplish this with just a few simple steps.
    Often the cancer can be removed from the skin, but 2,000 people still die
    annually, according to the American Cancer Society.
    Does it give out an aura of all-around cleanliness.

Feel free to visit my webpage; xen fake tan

12. hair care products pantene

Fortunately, there are a number of treatments available if you suffer from this unfortunate
    condition. The platinum blonde is a much sought after persona, and the look,
    an elegant and beautiful one if carried off properly, is a much desired and
    much employed part of dressing up. Have Some
    Much more Derm – Organic Care For The Locks.

my homepage :: hair care products pantene

13. john p miller CPA Boca Raton fl

For example, if your home office is 100 square feet and your home is a total of 2000
    square feet, then your percentage is 5%. Many people
    are making a lot of money promoting CPA offers, but as usual, there is a lot
    of misinformation floating around. Itemized deductions
    and personal exemptions do not affect self-employment taxes.

Take a look at my blog post … john p miller CPA Boca Raton fl